Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Helping the cause

Saturday my Girl Scout troop held an event at the local library to help raise awareness for the organization from which Thunder & Rocky were adopted. It was a program for kids. A woman from the organization came & talked to the kids about abused & neglected animals in our county. The kids then made a pet scrapbook & were given examples of 'pennies for pets" banks to make at home. When their banks are full of pennies, they can be donated to help feed & care for the animals, or they can use the $ to adopt a pet. We had a small turn-out,but it was fun & gave my girls experience doing a program.

Thunder was a bad boy yesterday. He managed to escape & get away from me outside. He was being a twerp & not coming in. Usually a treat will do the trick, but not this time! We have alot of woods & such, so I just prayed he went back there, and not in the road. Finally he came onto the porch, but if I opened the door, he ran. He is a stubborn old dog- he must have mule in his background somewhere! When he finally consented to come in, PEEEEEEE-YEW! He stunk like rotten meat! It was really bad because he is long haired! I had to give him an emergency bath! Yuk!

Rocky is getting bigger- he has huge paws, so I fear he has a bit more growing. He is still mellow & lovable. I have been so busy with my biz, my J-O-B, halloween events & appts., we haven't had time to go for a long walk. Today I am working at home, so we will probably get a good walk in. I hope so- I notice the difference if I don't walk!

I have some absolutely cute pictures of the boys if I can only get them to load onto the site.

Anyway, I have to get the kiddo ready for school, feed the goats, walk the dogs, and begin another wonderful day!

No comments: