Friday, February 8, 2008

It's been a while.....

Wow, I have been so busy lately. First I quit my job to do my biz full time. Then, my Grandmother had a major heart attack, followed a month or so later with kidney failure, etc, etc...So I have been going to see her quite a bit lately. The poor dogs- they are used to me being here all day. Thunder who has a psychological problem or something, won't come in the house for Ron. If one of the kids doesn't come home, he'll stay out. But when I'm here, he will let Ron throw the toy, and he'll sleep with us- often on the other side of Ron, not even near me! I swear he has flashbacks to something that happened in his old life!

Rocky on the other hand is just a big goofey teenaged dog. He's long & lanky, has the most pathetic, goofey look, and has known to be a bit clownish acting at times. We are trying to get him to catch a treat and he sits there like-duh! Although he did catch one yesterday and came closer than normal a few times. Maybe he's getting it!

Thunder will catch treats, drop dead when we say "bang, bang, you're dead" , roll over, and other things. He's a bit tough to teach because he is so high strung. A bit stubborn, thinks he's a tough guy- don't all little dogs think that? But he is smart, no doubt about that!

I'm thinking I would like a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. They are just too cute, are well behave & learn easily.

Of course, another dog is not in the plans at the moment!

No comments: